The Winner's Curse: How Type A Personalities Can Become Overwhelmed And Burnt Out.
Common behavioural symptoms
- Move, walk and eat rapidly.
- Tendency to want to multitask.
- Prefer work over leisure.
- Tendency to overmeasure success (metrics, comparison, things acquired) .
- Don’t suffer from urgency.
- Can relax without guilt.
- Plan for fun and relaxation.
- They don’t feel a need to display their achievements.
Characteristics of People with Type A-Personality
How Type A personalities can become overwhelmed and burnt out.
- Very competitive and self-critical.
- Constantly feel as though they are working against the clock.
- Quick to become impatient with delays and wasted time.
- Experience higher stress levels and can be easily ‘wound up’.
- Hate failure and overfocus on perfection.
- Find it difficult to stop working even when they have achieved their goals.
- Tend to have significant life imbalance, such as high work involvement and neglecting family and extracurricular interests.
Top five actions to overcome the negatives of Type A
Don’t be loyal to your fault
- Does it make sense to my goals/principles/wellness to stay loyal?
- Is it reciprocal?
- Have you set boundaries and are they being broken?
- If you broke your loyalty, would it lead to better things?